Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The hundred-and-eighty-second day...

Wednesday, September 23, 2009
There was a demonstration across the street from my office this morning. The MTA building is across the street, so I'm thinking it had something to do with them. Workers on strike maybe?


It happens every so often, but it's always interesting to hear and watch - especially if the alternative is facing work e-mails and phone calls.

I have been a mix of tired and excited all week. School and work are wiping me out, but this weekend is family weekend at my sisters' college, so I'm amped about that. I miss 'em quite a bit throughout the school year, and love going to visit them. I won't lie...I'm also hoping to go back to Quaker Steak and Lube. Heaven help me, I loved those wings!

In my haze I wandered into Jacks yesterday and saw this. I actually got super so excited because I thought it was a real world atlas.


I immediately felt that much dorkier, but what can I say - I love maps. Turns out it was just one of those secret safes. I never got safes like these. Seriously, everyone knows they make them and if a burglar comes to your house and sees it, the fact that he or she doesn't know your combination won't stop them from just taking the thing (and all the goodies located within). If I was investing in a safe, I would get one that would actually stand a chance of keeping my things safe. This thing could be dropped in a purse. Crazy.

Enjoy the rest of the night everyone! I'm off to finish up some care packages :)

4 comments :):

Maisy

I saw that Steak & Lube place on the Travel channel (i think)...Man vs. Food

Children of the 90s

Ohh that locking book safe is ridiculous. It seems like a good idea, until you realize it's not secured to anything. I'll stick with behind the painting, thanks.

Optimistic Pessimist

I've heard they have amazing wings. I've never tried them. Guess I'll add it to my list!

for the love of pictures

Hey Maisy :) That's where I saw it too! I love that show :)

Hey Children :) Me too. I would really have preferred it to be an actual atlas instead of that waste :)

Hey Optimistic :) You definitely have to try them sometime. They have so many different sauces there that you'll surely find a few you like.

Have a wonderful night everyone!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates