Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The two-hundred-and-seventy-first and two-hundred-and-seventy-second days combined...Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I cannot wait for 5:30 to come today. Why, you ask? Because that's when my vacation officially starts - and I can finally get some sleep. Well, actually 5:30 is when I'll be catching a quick nap on the train (and then on the bus) because when I get home, I'll have to head right back out to do some last minute shopping with my family. I really hope we get everything done tonight as I don't want to have to be a Christmas Eve shopper, but with our track record - we'll be out all afternoon tomorrow too :)

I actually just got my paycheck and am now certain that I will be out tomorrow as, silly me, I expected the Accounting department to do what they have been doing since I started working at my job and direct deposit my funds. How silly and naive of me! Nope, they chose to F me over and sent me a paper check - so now I have to wait for it to clear. What joyous holiday merriment. Thanks Accounting!

Man it's cold outside. Now, I know its' cold outside in NY, and you know it's cold outside in NY. Apparently, however, this woman was unaware as she chose to romp around the city in leggings and flip-flops. She was actually on line complaining that she was so cold and had no idea it would be so chilly out.

She knew enough to throw on a winter coat

In happy news, the absolutely lovely Kim from J & K, A Journey (a fabulous blog, btw – definitely check it out if you haven’t already :) tagged me and gave me an award recently! It is the…drumroll please…Happy 101 award! I love this award – and not just because the badge has cupcakes on it – but because this one is all about happiness and some of the things that make me happy :)


So, I have to list 10 things that make me happy, and try to do at least one of them today. Then, I am to tag 10 bloggers that brighten my day. Those 10 bloggers should link back to my blog (if they choose to create their own happy lists :)

And now for the fun:

1) Laughing and making others laugh – I can find humor in almost anything, and when I start laughing, I laugh long, loud and hard! It’s awesome – I wholeheartedly subscribe to the ‘a hearty belly laugh a day (or more in my case), keeps the doctor away’ adage :)

2) Movies :) Going to the movies, watching Netflix movies, watching movies on tv/cable...it's all wonderful.

3) The Ginger People Ginger Chews (original and spicy apple flavors :) They are sooooo good. If you are a fan of ginger candies, you have to try them. If you like them, you can actually buy them cheaper on Amazon too;

4) Writing in my journals. I've kept one since my freshman year in high school, and though I don't write things down as often as I did then, I still try to jot something down every now and then;

5) Writing stories and making up nonsense words. I have an over-active imagination (always have);

6) Gadgets. I love reading about and messing around with new gadgets. Ipods, video game systems, computers, watches, clocks, and so on and so on. I find it all fascinating;

7) Piping hot hot chocolate on cold days - with a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg added, and then topped with a handful of marshmallows and some whipped cream. Yum!;

8) Boardgame/Cardgame nights with family and friends. Ludo, Quelf, Uno, Clue - oh my;

9) Sleep. Ahhh, blissful sleep – especially when it’s actually a relaxing and restful night of sleep; and

10) Saving the best for last – my man and my family. They are just awesome - it's self explanatory, really.

All of the blogs that I follow (and those new ones that I discover each day) brighten my days; but here are 10:

1. Jeanette @ Cooler Ranch or Nacho Cheese?;
2. Badass Geek @ The Badass Geek;
3. Optimistic Pessimist @ The Audacity of an Optimistic Pessimist;
4. Sunshinemeg @ Float On…;
5. Moonjava @ Moonjava’s Muse;
6. Lee @ Photographing the Days;
7. Fidgeting Gidget @ Fidgeting Gidget;
8. Haley Dawn @ Cape Cod Love;
9. Novelista Barista @ The Novelista Barista; and
10. Children of the 90s @ Children of the 90s.

Have an amazing Hump Day everyone!

6 comments :):

Jeanette

Thank girly! I'm not going to lie... I sometimes go out in flip flops.... Anyway congrats on making it to vacation and your plan of 3 movies sounds awesome!

Anonymous

LOL at the lady wearing flip flops and leggings in NYC during the winter. It hasn't even been that warm here in California...and California maintains a half decent climate all year round. I mean, this year we dropped into the 20s...but that didn't last long.

Haha that made my morning, that award you gave me. My blog "brightens" your day huh? That's motivational. xD Thanks. I'll be sure to link back to you later today/night.

for the love of pictures

Hey Jeanette :) I hope you had a simply excellent Holiday and New Year's! I didn't get to see 3 movies - but the year's young :)

Hey ayu :) Thanks! I'm glad that you like my list, and share some of the happy things :)

Hey Lee :) You do have an awesome blog - and your pics are too cool = day brightener :) It's seriously getting way too cold here now. It felt the negative teens over the weekend.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!

Moonjava

Thank you for the award sweetie! Sorry it took me so long...I have so many yet to be read entries...*sigh*

Moonjava

Hey hon! Thanks for the award! :) And I love your happy list!

for the love of pictures

Hey Moonjava :) You are very welcome for the award. You completely deserve it! I know what you mean - I have so many blogs to catch up on :)

Have a great week!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates