Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The sixty-ninth day...I'm a keeper :)

Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I was given this award by Renée over at Renée's World - Thoughts, Inspirations, Life, etc. Her blog is awesome, btw :) Thank you so much Renée :) It’s the Keepsake Blog Award, and I am honored to be a recipient :)

And now, the rules…

1. Post a funny or sweet keepsake that tells something about you; and 2. Pass the award on to 10 other bloggers that you think are keepers.

Some of my journals

1. My journals are my keepsakes. I have kept one on and off since high school (with a childhood diary or two thrown in). I write absolutely everything in them, and I love being able to go through them and get glimpses of what a younger me had on her mind. Blogging is amazingly wonderful too, but I know that I will always also keep a handwritten journal.

2. I am not going to tag anyone because I feel that, seriously, all of the delightful blogs that I follow, and those that follow me – and I am introduced to more each day – are keepers. Feel free to take this award for your own site. If you do though, please drop me a comment and let me know so I can drop by and check it out :)

Have a great night everyone!

7 comments :):

Badass Geek

Journals are so neat. I like to buy them, but never write in them, as I'm afraid I'd ruin how pristine they are.

for the love of pictures

Hey Badass :)

Haha, I know what you mean. I usually buy a new journal when I'm halfway done with the one I'm using at the time. That way some of the 'newness' is gone by the time I need it.

Have a great day!

Fidgeting Gidget

I bet going back through those is really fun! I've kept all of mine since fourth grade, and they're hilarious, although blogging has kind of replaced journaling for me, sadly.

Moonjava

Wow, that's a lot of journals, I've never really kept a diary or anything. Maybe this blogger will be my midlife commentary on things? :)

for the love of pictures

Hey Fidgeting Gidget :) Yeah, my sister and I were going through a diary that I kept when I was 10. It was definitely hilarious and reminded me of a few people that I hadn't thought about in years.

Hey Moonjava :) I've just always loved writing down little odds and ends about my days. Blogging is pretty much exactly the same - and it's easier to include pictures :)

Have a great Wednesday!

Children of the 90s

When I cleaned out my old room at home, I found all these old journals from back when I was in elementary school and junior high. It's funny to look back on the things you took so seriously then--it definitely puts things in perspective!

for the love of pictures

Hey Children :) I know what you mean. It's fun to read and remember stuff from days gone by. It's also interesting to see how much I've changed even from a few years ago.

Enjoy the rest of the day. I, myself, am counting down to 5:30 so I can go home :)

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates