Monday, June 29, 2009

The ninety-sixth day...

Monday, June 29, 2009
My assistant came into my office today to see if it was okay with me that she request a few days off in August. Over the weekend, her boyfriend's parents asked her if she would like to accompany them on their family trip to Atlantis in the Bahamas - All. Expenses. Paid. She did the whole 'that's far too generous-at least let me pay my own way-this is just too kind' thing before saying yes. I said that it will be fine with me if she takes the time off. I mean how could I say no? She was practically floating on air and bouncing off the walls when she was telling me about it. Now she just needs to clear it with her two other supervisors and make a formal request with the Dept. Manager. Good Luck to her. That sounds like too wonderful a vacation opportunity to pass up.

Now, if only I could go on a real vacation...

Below is a picture of a section of a wall from one of the local courthouses. The outer walls (I've never been inside) are full of quotes :) It's really quite nice.


Have a great night everyone!

9 comments :):

Jeanette

I know I don't comment much, I'm working on it, but all of your pictures are great!

Badass Geek

The courthouse in my town has quotes on the walls, too. Except the guy the town hired to engrave the quotes messed up, so now it looks like crap.

I find it kind of hilarious.

for the love of pictures

Hey jeanette :) Thank you for all of your comments and for the compliment :)

Hey Badass :) Haha, he messed them up? With spelling errors, or did he slip in some inappropriate words?

Have a great day!

rachaelgking

Bahamas, hmmm? What I would give...

for the love of pictures

Hey LiLu :) I know. Me too. An all expenses paid trip to luxury? Yes, please.

Have a great day!

Cindy

Great picture :) I'd be super excited like your assistant...Have a great day :)

for the love of pictures

Hey Miss Cindy :) Thanks :) Yeah, I just hope that her time off request actually gets approved. Our office was going through a time when they weren't approving any, so I hope that's over.

Have a great day!

Waxy

Ugh - I hate people who have luck. Yes, I sound bitter, but I am cursed by the devil. Still waiting to get struck by lightning...

for the love of pictures

Hey Amy :) That's some luck. I wish my man's family were able to extend that kind of invite to me :)

Let's keep that lightning away though, haha!

Enjoy the rest of the day!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates