Saturday, June 27, 2009

The ninety-third day...(a little belated)

Saturday, June 27, 2009
Last night was the Shecky's Girls Night Out event. It was held at the Puck Building and - unlike the GNO event that was held in March - turned out to a really fun night. I didn't buy anything this time, but the goodie bag was chock-full-o' some great stuff, and there were quite a few free product samples floating around. The drinks were free too, so that didn't hurt.

I managed to take a few pictures in between getting freebies and balancing my bags (yes, I did receive two goodie bags by accident. Thanks Shecky's :)

The Rock of Ages table had a mini 'wheel of fortune' type game going on. I won a $10 Dave and Busters voucher and some nail polish. Yea! P won a round trip ticket to Montauk. What the heck? They handed her the ticket without explanation. Is the play in Montauk? Haha.

It was packed - and ridiculously hot - in there.

He was making wine slushies. I don't really care for wine, but even I thought they were tasty.

I met up with my man after the event and we went to see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I had read quite a few negative reviews prior to seeing it, but I was still pretty excited. I have to say...I loved it :) I loved the first one, I love Michael Bay (he makes things go in slow motion and go boom), and I loved this one. The movie is a little long, but it's a definite 'See It'. I recommend it to anyone :)
So, what have you all been up too?
Have a great night everyone!

4 comments :):

paddle to shore

Congrats on winning the 10 bucks for Dave and Buster's!
I also went to see Transformers 2 with my bf and we both found it to be a bit long yet very enjoyable because of all the 'micheal bay type action'

Anonymous

I can't wait to see it. I LOVE when things go boom.. Its a must in entertainment for me. If things arent going boom then it better have really nice fast cars.. lol..

Looks like a nice event! Glad you had a nice evening even though it was hot!

Badass Geek

I liked the new Transformers movie, too... but I didn't like how they gave some of the Autobots comical faces. It made it less realistic.

for the love of pictures

Hey Kimberly :) Thanks! I love D&B so that voucher will be put to good use. Transformers 2 was a little long, but the action was amazing.

Hey Aimee :) Hope you enjoy it. Michael Bay outdid himself. Even the booms went boom in this one :)

Hey Badass :) That did take away from the seriousness of the film a bit, but I still enjoyed it :)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates