Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's Earth Day and everyone's flashing E signs.

Thursday, April 22, 2010
Well, I haven't actually seen anyone flashing the E sign in real life, but everyone's doing it on the EDAY website :)

Image found here

It's Earth Day :)

I thought that there would be a fair at Grand Central Station today, but it's not until tomorrow. I'll probably walk over to it during lunch to enjoy the live music, and pick up pick up any freebies - if there are any.

And Happy Administrative Professional's Day (a little belated)
to all the Admin Pros out there!

Image found here

I addition to the solo gift I bought for my assistant, P and I bought each of the assistants in our department a Mojito cupcake from Butch Bakery.

The Mojito cupcake topped with an edible chocolate disc

The cupcakes were alcohol infused so they were a bit hit. The site describes the Mojito cupcake as a "rum-soaked lime cake with mint white-chocolate ganache". Mmm! P and I ordered 4 of those and 2 Beer Run cupcakes (yummy chocolate beer cake with beer infused buttercream topped with a pretzel) so we could each have one. I really liked it, but P wasn't impressed.

Obviously since they have alcohol in them, we put printed disclaimers on the bags letting the assistants know that they were to be enjoyed after work. My assistant ate hers at lunch anyway - and just happened to exclaim "It tastes just like a Mojito!" as the boss walked by - but at least it didn't make her tipsy :)

I also gave each assistant a little high-five trophy.

A high five award :)

I made labels for them that said 'Happy Administrative Professional's Day 2010'. Just a little something that they can keep on their desks to be reminded that they, and all their hard work, are appreciated.

I can't believe it's almost the end of April. My middle sister will be graduating from college in just over a month! Anyone else have any graduations coming up (your own or one you are attending as a guest)?

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

3 comments :):

for the love of pictures

Hey ayu :) I tasted a small piece of one of the other assistant's cupcake and it was very good. I may get that flavor next time :)

Have a wonderful week!

Sierra

That cupcake looks delicious! Happy belated earth day.

for the love of pictures

Hey Ocean :) It was pretty tasty, and it was nice to give the assistants something different. They all loved them, so that was great. Happy Belated Earth Day to you as well :)

Have a wonderful day!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates