Thursday, March 22, 2012

And so it begins...

Thursday, March 22, 2012
The exodus has begun.

I always wondered who would be the first to leave 'Project X'.

For a while I thought it would be J. J has had a few issues in the past (not sure what they are, and it's really 1) not my business and 2) not relevant) that have caused him to be out of the office more than he's been in for the past year and a half. He had, in fact, only been in the office for about 1 - 1.5 months (non-consecutively) between January and March. The question of if he would actually be let go was becoming more 'will they won't they' than an episode of "Moonlighting"/"Friends"/"Law & Order: SVU" - when Stabler and Benson were still on it.

They finally did it though - they let him go. The spin they told us was that he'd decided not to return, but it seems the decision was less in his power, and more ball-in-their-court. Either way, he's not coming back. Not a surprise, but still sad.

The real surprise though, came a couple of days before they advised us that he would not be returning, when other J packed her bags and moseyed on too. A lot of us where blindsided by that one. But, I have to say it doesn't surprise me either. Workers can only be pushed so far and under appreciated so much before they decide to pursue other opportunities.

J and J, you will be missed. Especially you other J, as now I and 1 of my other co-workers have acquired your work load. What's 120 or so new projects to work on, right? That's 120 or so new projects EACH. I'm literally drowning in paperwork, emails and phone calls.

The stress is getting to me. The right side of my neck has hurt for a few days. In fact, it hurts so much that I can barely turn my head, and my husband actually had to help me sit up out of bed this morning as I couldn't lift my head at all.

And I'm not the only one. Lately at work, I've heard more slammed doors and phones, seen more people burst into tears, and witnessed more people taking sick days than ever before. Stress is a cruel b*tch.

But moving on to another topic, today is Thursday...so tomorrow is Friday. I just have to keep repeating that to myself :) Not only is tomorrow Friday, but it's The Hunger Games Friday. Everyone is raving about this movie already. I haven't read the books, but my sisters gave me a thorough rundown, and I must say, I'm excited to see how Hollywood pulls off some of the subject matter in a PG-13 film. No midnight showing for me, but opening night? Yes, please :)

Anyone else plan on seeing The Hunger Games tonight or this weekend?

Well, have a great Thursday everyone! Stay as stress-free as possible :)

2 comments :):

____j

I hate that your work stress follows you home. Well, I hate that you have THAT much stress at work, period. But I hope that it subsides soon. And I hope that you enjoy The Hunger Games. The books were so amazing, it was hard to put them down to do anything else.

for the love of pictures

Hey ___j :) Thanks! I hate it too, but I always say that that's why it's called work, and not happy-fun-playtime. Still, it would be nice to work somewhere that had a bit less animosity in the office :) I really enjoyed the movie, btw! If you liked the books, you'll probably like it too. From what I'm told the film stayed pretty faithful to the text.

Have a wonderful week!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates