Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Le sigh.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Thanks again someecards!

People...today is a version of a good morning. It's a crappy, messed up morning that I'm sure will mean extra work for me later on, but at least I had a hearty morning laugh.

Big Head #2 actually came down to my office a few minutes ago (looking to be on the brink of frustrated stress tears), closed the door, and said 'Something bad happened to me on Friday.' Now, I had already heard the office gossip while he was on a sick day or vacation day or whatever yesterday, so I already knew what he was going to say. As he closed my door and sat down, I had to struggle to keep my composure. He then proceeded to tell me that (like a moron) he had brought some files home with him in his backpack that day, and they were stolen when his car was broken into. Yes, everyone is okay - credit cards were cancelled, and all that jazz. The point is that he thought that it would be a good idea to bring the files (that I worked on for months) which were chock full of information, home with him, and now that information could be anywhere.

He's going to have a hell of a time re-creating those files, especially due to:

1) the original signature pages that he'll have to request again (what reasoning he'll give? Who knows.);

2) the info that was sent via email - attachments now archived;

3) the info that was sent via file sharing sites - now expired;

4) the info that may have already been filed away in storage...

The list goes on and on.

I feel semi-bad for him, but honestly, I think that may actually be me feeling bad for future me who will have to help clean up this latest mess. For now though, I do feel bad for him but I have to laugh at least a little bit.

Have a great day everyone!

0 comments :):

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates