Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today feels like a 'lounge in bed and watch cartoons' kind of day...

Tuesday, April 6, 2010
But alas, I am neither lounging, nor watching cartoons (Ben 10: Alien Force or Avatar: The Last Airbender must be on somewhere). I am at work...and it's only Tuesday!

But enough of that :) Apparently my boss, who is expecting, ordered an adorable little onesie for her baby that reads "Elmo is my Homeboy" from Uncommonlycute.com.

It got me thinking about Sesame Street inspired shirts that I want (I used to adore that show as a kid). I decided on "Cookie Monster is my Co-Pilot", "Bird Bird is my Ace", and "Snuffleupagus is the Sh**". The last one fails the kid-friendly test, but the other two would be cute, right?

I saw these shoes during my lunch hour yesterday.


They were just sitting there, all nice an tidy, on the sidewalk. For some reason, my second thought (my first thought was boring and something along the lines of "Hmmm, those shoes were left there neatly") was "Someone must have received a Scooby-Doo level fright to have leaped straight out of their shoes like that". It was such a random thought that I started to laugh so hard that I started crying. This is NYC though, so no one even glanced at me as I laughed and took a couple of pics :)

Speaking of things I loved as a kid and randomness, happy birthday Billy Dee Williams. I've always been a fan of his overall suaveness. He just always seems so awesome. So, Happy 73rd B-Day Billy Dee.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!

4 comments :):

Mara

Work is always getting in the way of me living my life...sigh.

for the love of pictures

Hey ayu :) I know, but these aren't the first pair of shoes that I've seen along the side of the road in NY. These were the neatest though!

Hey M.J. :) I know what you mean. Between work, school, and what little sleep I actually get, my fun time is severely cramped :(

Have a wonderful day you two!

Sierra

Hope you are doing well! Those shoes are quite random, fun that you took a picture!

for the love of pictures

Hey OceanDreams :) I hope you're doing well also! The shoes are pretty random. You see all sorts of craziness in the city.

Have an amazing weekend!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates