Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The hundred-and-thirty-second day...

Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Today was a lovely day - lovely looking anyway. It was actually steamy, humid and horrible feeling - but it looked lovely.

Beautiful skies and no traffic. What fun :)

The sun was shining, the sky was clear and I enjoyed most of the day from the comfort of my office. I had to run out to the post office, but I literally ran there and back. It took all of 10 minutes, but it was more than enough time to be outside. I was lucky on the commute home as well and my train and bus both had air conditioning (yesterday's trek home was another story). Oh man, I seriously believe that air-conditioning is one of man's greatest inventions :)

In other news:

1) The toxicology report results on the mother from the Taconic Crash came in today and showed that not only was her blood alcohol level twice the legal limit, but she also had traces of marijuana in her system. This horrible tragedy just keeps getting worse. We can only wait and see where the law takes this case from here;

2) Bill Clinton's still got it :) After stories like the one above, it's nice to hear good news every now and then;

3) One of my oldest and dearest friends (Kendra :) is now blogging for Stratejoy; which is cool website for women who feel themselves experiencing a bit of a Quarterlife Crisis. All of the bloggers are interesting, and the posts are fun to read. Kendra is the wonderful writer and storyteller who blogs on Tuesdays. Her latest post can be found here; and

4) How is it that I am just becoming aware of the sarcastic news-spinning genius that is Philip DeFranco? My sisters and I started watching his YouTube show (The Philip DeFranco Show) a couple of weeks ago and were instantly hooked. It's a seriously funny, weird, clever, sometimes cringe worthy vlog :) You definitely need to have an open mind and a sense of humor to get the full enjoyment. It doesn't hurt that PhillyD is easy on the eyes - yeah, I like the sexy geeks :)

Stay cool and have a great night everyone!

5 comments :):

Jeanette

Bill Clinton is a total pimp.

And I heard about that lady, that's crazy. So was that lady who killed her baby and then ate some of it? What is the world coming to.

Badass Geek

I would not survive the summer if it wasn't for air conditioning. I would make out with the person who invented it, if given the chance.

for the love of pictures

Hey Jeanette :) I completely missed the news story about the woman eating part of her baby. That is sick. Seriously, what is wrong with some people?

Hey Badass :) Haha :) Air conditioning, iced tea, and a comfy place to relax = summer

Have a Happy Hump Day!

Optimistic Pessimist

hmmm night have to check out your friend's site...i'm definitely experiencing a quarterish-life crisis!

for the love of pictures

Hey Optimistic :) I know what you mean - me too. Quaterlife crisis syndrome definitely seems to be going around.

Have an Amazing Hump Day!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates