Monday, August 24, 2009

The hundred-and-fifty-second day...

Monday, August 24, 2009
I must have been super tired while I was writing yesterday's post because I didn't mention the amazing lunch that my family had on Friday. We went to Quaker Steak and Lube, and the food was Delicious (yes, the capital D is in order). I have been a bit obsessed with eating at this place ever since I saw it on Man vs. Food and Sis 1 informed me that there was one right by her (and Sis 2's) school.


I knew that the restaurant was famous for its wings, and the selection did not disappoint. There were so many different kinds that it took a while for us to decide what to get.


We all got something different so we could share, but I wish I'd been able to taste all the flavors - yes, I am a wing fan :) I'm a sucker for spicy sweet mixtures, so I ended up getting the Thai "R" Cracker sauce. Amazing!


I stayed far away from the Atomic Wings though. Any food that requires a release waiver to be signed before ingestion does not get invited into my stomach.


Our appetizer was a sampling of huge crunchy onion rings, mozzarella sticks, soft pretzels and breaded pickles with a trio of sauces.


It was gone in a flash :)

The Wall of Flame listing all those that braved and conquered the Atomic Wing Challenge.

It was such a great lunch and great time out with my family, and our waitress was hilarious. She invited us to come back for all-you-can-eat-wing night. Apparently, if you eat 500 wings, you don't have to pay. If I ate 500 wings, paying for the meal would be the least of my worries. She told us that she was up to 91 wings in one sitting. I had about 10 for lunch and I was done. True, that was along with the appetizers and the additional pretzels that came with my order, but still 91 wings in one sitting! Wow :)

Well, now I'm hungry :)

Have a great night everyone!

9 comments :):

____j

That looks so good! Now I want to go. Where is this at?

for the love of pictures

Hey ____j :) It was really good! This one is in Dickson City, PA (in Scranton), but they have plenty of locations throughout the US - you can find more info @ http://quakersteakandlube.com/.

Have an amazing day!

Jeanette

I Lovvvveee onion rings!

Claire Scherzinger

I'm a fan of spicy food and that sounded and looked absolutely delicious! :)

for the love of pictures

Hey Jeanette :) Me too - actually what I love is the crunchy shell :) These were really good, and enormous.

Hey Claire :) It really was :) I'm already planning out my next visit.

Have an amazing rest of the night!

Anonymous

I don't get awesome TV here, so what's Man Vs. Food? Cause that sounds awesome.

for the love of pictures

Hey Cheryl :) Man vs. Food is a great show on the Travel Channel. It follows host Adam Richman as he visits different types of restaurants in different cities. He also seeks out and participates in all kinds of interesting food challenges - like the Atomic Wing Challenge at Quaker Steak and Lube. I believe that there are clips from the show on the website too.

Have an amazing day!

Anonymous

Wow, 500 wings? That CANT be good for your body lol. Neither can those onion rings, but it all sounds incredibly delicious anyway and I could totally see my skinny self pigging out on everything. I've been known to have 4 stomachs.

for the love of pictures

Hey Lee :) I ate so much while I was there, that I was full for the rest of the day. I know what you mean though. The wings were excellent, but 500 would be ridiculous.

Have a wonderful day!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates