Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The hundred-and-ninety-fourth day...(a little belated due to connection issues)

Tuesday, October 6, 2009
I love this shirt :) It's just funny to me in that sarcastic way.


I wish I could buy it and wear it to work sometimes - not that I hate anyone there, but it would be interesting to note people's reactions. That, and the pettiness at work is starting to grate on my nerves an bit. How is it that a professional working environment can seem so much like high school sometimes.

We had a mandatory meeting yesterday to discuss going green in the office. They call it going green, but everyone there knew that the driving force behind the meeting was maybe 25% going green and 75% cutting costs. We were informed that we should try to print out our documents without cover pages to help save trees. I would agree with that, except that every time I print a document out without a cover sheet someone end up either taking it by accident or throwing it away before I can walk to the printer.

We were also told that we would no longer be provided with disposable cups, plates, and utensils in the kitchen...actually the way they said it was something more along the lines of 'wouldn't you rather bring your own anyway? It's healthier because then you can wash them and know exactly whose been touching them.' They provided extra soap and sponges to ensure that we keep everything nice and tidy. The problem with this is that I have seen the sponges at my job, who uses them, and how. I would never touch those sponges, much less wash anything with them and call the item clean. Those sponges are soggy, smelly bacteria havens. No. Thank. You. I mean, I am all for reducing waste and all that, and I pretty much bring my own stuff anyway, but it kind of sucks that they aren't even providing cups at the water cooler anymore.

We also only get a certain allotment of paper towels and napkins in the kitchen. Pretty soon, they'll probably tell us that we have to bring our own toilet paper from home :)

So how's life in your offices, etc?

Have a wonderful day everyone!

2 comments :):

Badass Geek

Oh, office politics. How I don't miss it. Working from home, I don't have to worry about that at all... Except when they ask me to help out at the call center.

for the love of pictures

Hey Badass :) I wish I could work from home - at least sometimes. My company will never let anyone (at least not in the NY office) do that. Office politics suck!

Have an amazing rest of the weekend!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates