Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The two-hundred-and-fourteenth day...(a little belated)

Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Sorry for the belated post everyone. I felt so drained yesterday that I fell asleep almost as soon as I got home. I actually fell asleep on the train and the bus on my way home, waking up just in time for my stops on each. I don't know why I was so tired, but I was out like a light at 9:30. The sad part is I don't feel rested at all :( It's going to be a long day.

I passed these trees on the way to the train yesterday and smiled a little - until I realized that it's still October.

It looks like the man and woman in the center weren't impressed

I love Christmas and all the accompanying decorations, but can we at least get through Halloween first? A few houses in my area actually have their Christmas light up and turned on already. Too soon people. Too soon :)

I was excited to see this on the bus though...

"As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning
from uneasy dreams he found himself
transformed in his bed in a giant insect."
- Franz Kafka, "The Metamorphosis

A new Train of Thought! Yea! It's been awhile since I saw one - and this is a good one :)

And then when I got home, this was waiting for me...


Another catalog; this one for Gifts of Service through the Seva Foundation. I haven't signed up for anything recently so I'm not sure why I am getting all of these types of catalogs now; but I am happy that they are all for such good causes. You can check out the site here if you're interested.

Have a great day everyone!

5 comments :):

Children of the 90s

They've already got the Christmas lights up at my apartment complex, too. It feels like it gets earlier ever year!

Jeanette

I agree... the rule is after Halloween you can get ready for xmas... not before.

Badass Geek

It is WAY too early for Christmas decorations. WAY too early.

Sierra

I am sorry that you have been so tired, hope you get caught up on your sleep soon! How great that you are giving to wonderful organizations, you have such a lovely heart!

for the love of pictures

Hey Children :) It really does seem like it gets earlier each year. Pretty soon people won't even take their lights down. They'll just leave them up and on all year :)

Hey Jeanette :) Very good rule! No one likes to feel that their holidays are being rushed :)

Hey Badass :) I definitely agree. I need to get through Halloween and Turkey Day first :)

Hey OceanDreams :) I hope so too. I would say that I'd get to rest this weekend, but Halloween plans probably won't let me :)

Have a great rest of the night everyone!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates