Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The two-hundred-and-eighth and two-hundred-and-ninth days combined...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Hello all :) I hope you all had a wonderful Hump Day. Mine was pretty hectic. I had to finish a paper for school that was due today. I pretty much e-mailed it to my professor in the nick of time, but at least it's done :) I stayed late at work to finish it and didn't end up getting home until 10:30 or so.


It was a long day, indeed.

Work, was work. It was hard, but that's why they call it work and not happy, fun time. My projects are all out to get me, but I have Friday off, so I am just going to head in tomorrow with a smile while I tell myself that it's my Friday and I can sleep as late as I want the next day.

Also, I am super excited about tomorrow because, after work, my man and I are getting our scary Halloween on :) First we are going to a haunted house called Nightmare: Vampires; and then we are going to the After Dark Exhibit at Madame Tussauds New York. I am so easily scared that I'm not sure how I'm going to react to all that scariness - I know that I'll definitely scream, but after reading some of the reviews I feel like I may also cry :) We got both sets of tickets from Goldstar.com, so everything came to about $50 - can't beat that :) If you ever need discount tickets, I highly recommend checking Goldstar as they have great discounts for a lot of events (feel free to click the link here if you'd like :)

This catalog was waiting for me when I got home.


It's from Heifer International. I've never heard of the organization before, but I had to check out the site as soon as I was done thumbing through the catalog.


It's so cool to think that you can give the gift of a cow, goat, pig, etc. Click here to view the catalog page from their site if you're interested.

Well, I'm off to watch Top Chef and then go to sleep. Is anyone else following the show this season? It started off a bit slow, but I'm really happy with the contestants that are left now. It's getting pretty interesting!

Enjoy the rest of the night everyone!

6 comments :):

Anonymous

Hmm, a pet goat for someone may be a risky gift...

Hahaha! Have a great Thursday.

Badass Geek

Isn't it sad that it's getting darker earlier now?

Sierra

Oh have fun with your Halloween plans and cool book! Thanks for following as well and entering into my giveaway.

Jeanette

I just saw a commercial for Heifer International! And boo to the long day!

Moonjava

My hump day was a late late night in the lab! It SUCKS!

And then as you're leaving around 11 pm...you notice the lights on in your advisor's office...HAHA...CRAZY!

for the love of pictures

Hey Sunshinemeg :) Hahaha! Yes, it probably wouldn't go over all that well :) Have a wonderful Monday!

Hey Badass :) It is sad - though I am looking forward to daylight savings time ending. Falling back an hour is something I look forward to every year :)

Hey OceanDreams :) Thanks, they were a lot of fun. I love Halloween! Thank you for having such a great giveaway :)

Hey Jeanette :) I'd never heard of them before receiving the catalog. I want to see this commercial now :)

Hey Moonjava :) Late nights in the lab do not sound like fun at all :( I hope this week is a lot better for you, and that you get to leave on time (maybe even early :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates