Friday, April 3, 2009

The ninth day...

Friday, April 3, 2009
T…G…I…F everyone!!!

Awww, Friday. You took too long to get here, but you are here now and I am ridiculously grateful. Work was stressing me to no end today. Why is it that you can spell something out for someone – and I mean give them specific step by step instructions of how things are to be done – and they will still screw things up so horribly that you are literally shocked to silence by their complete ineptitude? And why must these screw ups always take place at the most inconvenient times? Like at 5:00pm on a Friday. Oh well, it is Friday and that work will of course still be there on Monday. I am off the clock, and it is time to relax and unwind.

Oh Crumbs, my stomach loves you. My waistline, however, has some reservations about you.
The day wasn’t all bad though. I did take my full hour for lunch and, even though it was raining cats and dogs, I had to get out for a little fresh air (well, Manhattan air). P and I took a walk over to Crumbs. I needed a Crumbs cupcake today - you read above, it was that kind of day. I really wanted a Cosmo. That was the best cupcake in their entire selection. They had introduced it to promote the Sex and the City movie and it was Delicious, with a capital ‘D’. It consisted of bright pink cake with cranberry-lime frosting and a ring of crystallized pink sugar on top. Mmmm. When I first saw it I thought that it would be disgusting, but it was so pretty :) It was initially billed as a limited time cupcake, but they had said that they would be keeping it in the rotation once it turned out to be so popular – and I mean popular. People were buying a few at a time. But, alas, when P and I trekked it out there today only to be met with a line out the door (yes the cupcakes are just that good), and I peeked over the shoulder of the guy in front of me, I did not see the tell-tale pinkness of my beloved cupcake. We could have just walked away and gone back to work. I mean P didn’t even want a cupcake today. But, we were already there. Anyway, P bought a mixed berry muffin. She was being good. I ended up buying cupcakes for my whole family. I only wanted five, but that tricky salesgirl saw me coming. She put them in a half dozen container and then turned to me and, with the human equivalent of puppy dog eyes said, “Are you sure you don’t want one more? There’s this space…” End result? Yes, yes, I did buy the extra cupcake. Darn you Crumbs, with your flavorful deliciousness and variety. For those of you interested in what I ended up getting…I bought 2 Red Velvet cupcakes, 2 Oreo and Cream cupcakes (1 for my man :) It’s his favorite), 1 Vanilla Buttercream, and 1 of their new spring cupcake. I’m not sure what’s in that one, but it was so pretty - all yellow and white with a cute frosting flower. Yes, prettiness factors into my cupcake buying.
• I don't have any bright bright pics today, but I was able to find some splashes of color on this rainy, thunder and lightening ridden day. So, again, for your Bright Week enjoyment...

This ambulance was camped out across the way from Crumbs.

P decided to get pizza for lunch. All of the pizza in this place looked delicious today, but I was good and stuck with my sandwich - which was delicious by the way :)

My little Joker toy that I got with my Happy Meal a few weeks ago. Haha!

My sign, and a nifty little life lesson - especially for those people that insist on calling me at 5pm on a Friday.
Have a great weekend everybody :)

2 comments :):

Waxy

I need that sign for my work 'cage'!!! That's what I have started calling my cube now...
Have a great weekend!!!

for the love of pictures

Haha, I like the name :) I hope you enjoy your weekend too.

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates