Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The twenty-first day...Strawberry Shortcake and other tales from my childhood

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Sometimes (okay, often) when I'm going through my stuff, I am amazed that I still have some of the items that I do. Case in point, my old (and I mean OLD) Strawberry Shortcake Berry-Go-Round Color Matching Carousel Game :)


I received this game when I was about 2 or 3 years old - cue flashback sequence here - and it was one of my absolute favorites. The box is literally crumbling, but I am proud to say that it has all the pieces, etc. Yes, I'm a board game geek, and I freely admit it :)

Anyway, the game was mixed in with a box of other board games and was found when my family was moving. There are quite a few old boardgames in that box actually. Some of them that I clearly remember loving, and some that I clearly remember not liking and never playing including these two:

(1) Streetwise
Yes, those are hubcap shaped playing pieces

(2) Smarts
I just remember looking at these games as a kid and thinking about how much fun they didn't look - to me at least. Maybe there are leagues of Streetwise and Smarts fans out there; but none of them lived in my house.

Enjoy the rest of the night everyone :)

0 comments :):

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates