Saturday, April 11, 2009

The seventeenth day...With these kinds of April showers, there had better be some amazing May flowers

Saturday, April 11, 2009
Get taxes done = Check √

Well it's a rainy day today, but I still had to get up out of my nice warm bed and head out to the tax man. I am seriously late with doing my taxes this year, and didn't want to wait for the absolute last minute next week (I cannot believe that it's almost mid-April already). The process was simple for me - I mean I don't have to do anything except hand over my paperwork and sit back - and I was back home before noon :) Yea!

It sucks though that another lady and I were splashed while waiting for the bus. I mean a full on clothes-drenching splash; and I think that the idiot who did it not only (1) did it on purpose (he had obviously swerved into the puddle), but he also (2) laughed as he drove away. I was somewhat lucky; I saw it coming at the last second and managed to turn my head, so the water only hit my clothes. The other splash victim, however, got a mouth full of murky run-off. It was pretty sad and gross.


Rain, rain go away... or stay, whatever. Today's a perfect stay home and sleep day :)

Have a great day and weekend everyone :)

7 comments :):

shansPLC

first of all that guys a jerk! and second, that's my biggest fear on rainy days, just getting absolutely drenched by gross street water...I've had a few close calls. glad you didn't get it too bad.

have a good weekend too!

for the love of pictures

I know :) This is about the 4th time in my life that I've been splashed. The worst was when a bus splashed my back when I was on my way to an interview. Lol!

Jeanette

Whenever it rains on campus people in cars ALWAYS try to splash you... it's super annoying!

Maisy

That sucks that you got soaked. I thought that only happened in movies! LoL I took my tax stuff in today too, but I won't get them back until Tuesday.

for the love of pictures

I've never understood why some people love to splash others on purpose :)

So many of my co-workers decided to do their own taxes this year, but I decided I just didn't need the extra stress this year - they all looked so stressed out. Let my accountant worry over the numbers this year. Lol :)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend every1!

Snarkier Than You

Ack! I never even considered the possibility of being splashed to the point where it gets in your mouth! GROSS!!! Note to self: never EVER go into the city unless there is no chance of rain. Maybe I am more OCD (and I'm not referring to the "Cullen" kind - lol) than some, but I would have a serious meltdown if that happened to me. It would be like licking the street.

for the love of pictures

Lol :) I know exactly what you mean. I don't think any amount of brushing and mouthwash could get rid of that feeling.

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates