Sunday, April 19, 2009

The twenty-fifth day...

Sunday, April 19, 2009
My man and I headed out to the movies again this weekend :) We ended up pulling a double (again). We saw Dragonball Evolution and Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D.

I only loosely followed the Dragonball/Dragonball Z comics, cartoon, etc. so I have to say that I enjoyed the movie. I have to follow that up with saying that my man and I had also gone to see Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li when it came out and as completely god-awful as that travesty was, I had only the lowest expectations for this film. I mean, there were some sites that gave it half a star out of five. But, as I said, I enjoyed it. My man is a huge fan and, as such, he absolutely hated it. Not knowing the back story though, I was able to take it for what it was - a half ass attempt at bringing Dragonball to the big screen with some cheap laughs and some really nice special effects. And the movie also had the added bonuses of:

1) James Marsters (even though he was covered in green makeup and barely recognizable, he's still awesome);

2) Chow Yun-Fat (or rather Yun-Fat Chow, who is great); and

3) Justin Chatwin (who may have been a less than perfect choice for the role of Goku, has been adorable in quite a few films).

Monsters vs. Aliens was really good (my favorite character was BOB - of course :) I didn't enjoy it as much as Wall-E, but I did really like it; and I have to say that 3D technology has come a looong way since I was a kid. Goodbye red and blue lenses in a flimsy paper frame, and hello sturdy pair of actual glasses, and amazing effects. The fact that the 3D tickets were $14 a piece smarts a bit, but it's not like I'm planning on seeing 3D movies every day. I had to ask the cashier about the price tag though. I also asked him whether I would have to pay the trumped up price for my next 3D movie if I brought my own glasses. His response was that the price would be the same as the customer is paying for the privilege of seeing the film in 3D - the glasses are included in the price. Well, thanks for clearing that up. And thanks for bestowing that privilege on the viewing public Dreamworks :)

And now for today's picture...

I took this of the Train of Thought poster on the bus. I love looking up and seeing these posters on the buses and trains throughout the city. I love the quote listed on this sign, but I've been seeing the same quote for quite a while. I can't wait to see who they quote next.

How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is!
O brave new world,
That has such people in't!
William Shakespeare (The Tempest, 5. 1)

Enjoy what's left of the weekend everyone :)

2 comments :):

Anonymous

There's this guy at my office who strangely enough looks like Goku, and yes, he's got the hair.

for the love of pictures

Hi Cheryl,
That's hilarious! Is his hair pre Super Saiyan black or post Super Saiyan blond? :)

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates