Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The seventh day...

Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Happy Hump Day and April Fool's Day everyone!

I hope you all had/are having a great Wednesday. I'm still feeling a little under the weather which, of course, made the work day creep by at a snail's pace. No one pulled any workplace April Fool’s Day pranks though; for which I was sincerely grateful. In today's economy, I don't think that workplace pranks are a very smart idea. To be honest, they may never be a good idea.

There was no stopping some people from calling their family members though. One of my co-workers decided to call her daughter and tell her that her brother was arrested for getting in a lunch time fight in a bar, and that she needed to meet her mom in the city so that they could go bail him out. If the joke was on me, I might have asked what my sibling was doing in a bar when he or she should have been at work. Maybe. Her daughter though, went into meltdown mode. She started screaming and then, when she found out it was a joke, she hung up on her mom. When she calmed down a bit, she called her mom back and let her know that she was so shaken up that she had been crying for a while. It's all fun and games until you make your daughter cry, I guess. But then really, it's still all fun and games in this case, as her daughter then started laughing and making plans for a joke that she and her mom could play on her brother. Ah, April Fool's Day.

And now for today's Bright Week Pics-O-The-Day :)

This man was the only one with his umbrella up. Right after I took the picture he looked around, realized this, and put it away.

I LOVE colorful clothing and, apparently, so does this woman.

The bus decided to pull over just as I was taking a picture of the Children's Center banner.
Oh yeah, April is National Poetry Month. I'm planning on getting my rhyming, free-verse, epic, etc. creativity on. Feel free to join in. Have a great night everyone :)

0 comments :):

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates