Thursday, April 23, 2009

The twenty-ninth day...

Thursday, April 23, 2009
So everyone, how was your day?

All I can say is thank goodness my workweek is over. Flexing takes it out of you, but I have to say that having the day off as a result is completely worth it. I didn't go out for that drink. Some of my co-workers went out to have drinks with some of our other co-workers who were directly affected by the downsizing; but I didn't end up leaving work until 8, and when I did my mental balancing of drinks vs. sleep, sleep won out. Easily. The combination of stress, fatigue, and an unwelcome, but oncoming cold made it a landslide victory.

Speaking of drinks, one of my best friends, K, who is currently calling Canada her home (at least for another month or so), is going to be here for the weekend and wants to get a group of together to go out for drinks tomorrow night. I'm hoping to go, but I already feel semi-sick. I haven't seen K since November though, so I'm really hoping a good night's sleep will knock it out of me.

And now for a horse of a different color...here are some random pics for the day :)

Scraggly trees :)

I just like the bottom sign :)

The shot's a little dark, but it does make today's beautiful sky more noticeable.

Have a great night everyone!

8 comments :):

Anonymous

Hahah!! Love that bottom sign!

for the love of pictures

Hey Renée :) I know. I saw it and just thought it was hilarious. Have a great night.

Karie

I had a great day. Went to the beach. :)

I hope you get some sleep.

The pictures are awesome.

for the love of pictures

Thanks Karie :) You got to go to the beach? Lucky! I'm glad you had fun today.
And now, I'm off to sleep...finally :)

Anonymous

I love that sign. LOVE it.

for the love of pictures

Hey kim :) Haha, I know. I have to see if I can find some more signs like that. Direct and to the point :)

Children of the 90s

Oh my god, I saw that bottom sign somewhere else and thought it was a one-time joke! Who knew it was a real, widespread street sign phenomenon? I love it!

for the love of pictures

Hello Children of the Nineties. You know, I think I'd like to see what happens if someone dares to park there - maybe not :)

Your blog is excellent, btw :)

 
Boredom's Bounty ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates